Publish With Us
We would like to say thank you to all 4000+ authors, contributors and editors publishing in BAR over the last 40+ years!
When Anthony Hands and David Walker started BAR in 1974 their vision was to build an ‘archaeological research databank’ which would be “relevant in 100 years’ time”. Our focus is still on publishing original work that will be used by research academics for decades to come.
Why publish with BAR?
- We accept high quality academic manuscripts from all areas of archaeology worldwide
- We publish in 5 languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian
- We are able to publish rapidly enabling your manuscript to be printed within a few months
- With over 3400 titles, we are one of the world’s biggest publishers in academic archaeology, working with bookstores, online retailers and libraries worldwide to bring original research to the attention of the community.
- You will be working with a friendly and expert professional team.
- We take pride in being the partner you can trust to do justice to your work.
For information on how to submit your proposal, please see the two PDF files below
How to publish with us: Publish with BAR
Guide to preparing your manuscript: BAR Preparing your Manuscript for Publication
If you want to find out more about publishing your excavation report, survey, thesis or research please contact us to discuss how we can help you.
Please do contact us directly – we are looking forward hearing from you!
Tel: +44 (0)1865 310 431
Fax: +44 (0)1865 316 916